Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Not a 'Dog' at all


I just arrived in the City of Brotherly Love, and before I even run up the stairs of the Philadelphia Museum of Art and make like Rocky, I feel the need to mention Rick Springfield's "Working Class Dog."

Yeah, it has "Jessie's Girl" on it, and, yeah, you'd think the rest of the record would be crap, but you'd be wrong. I got a reissue of the disc in the mail a couple weeks ago and only popped it in my player in the last couple days. Boy, I'm glad I did.

It's the album Cheap Trick wishes it made in the '80s, the one "Lap of Luxury" should have been. Simply, this is great power-pop disc; and I don't care if the guy was a pretty boy who starred on "General Hospital" for a while. I'm still humming "Everybody's Girl" from my car ride down here.

This blog is meant for interaction, so: Anyone agree? Disagree?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Agree. Rick is totally underrated. He beats those 80s metal groups into the ground. And he is MUCH hotter and still is.

Anonymous said...

"Love Is Alright Tonight" is the greatest non-Hall & Oates song ever made. It blows "Dude Looks Like a Lady" out of the water.