Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Where Do We Start

Let's do a little notebook kind of thing since I haven't written in a while. You see, once the baseball playoffs start, I have a really hard time concentrating on anything else. Anything else.

So, as you can imagine, I'm a little nervous about the Red Sox tonight. It's hard to be confident when 3,000-year-old Tim Wakefield is going and he hasn't pitched since like May. But when Wake's on, good things happen, so here's hoping. It seems like the Indians and the Sox are only playing to see who gets swept by the Rockies, anyway.

In other news, I refuse to review the new Radiohead album in print because I want an album that has packaging. I like the idea of going around the record companies, letting fans pay what they want, but I guess I'm a bit old-school still. I really love the feeling that comes along with opening a CD and reading the liner notes and looking at the artwork while listening to it. With that said, I'll review "In Rainbows" when I get the box set in December. But, I really like this disc. It's pretty accessible, which I thought wouldn't be a good thing, but it works.

I saw Kevin Devine and Aeroplane, 1929 last week, on a Red Sox off day. Good show. I really enjoyed it. Those are two great acts, really. And we should feel lucky that half of Aeroplane calls New Haven home.

I'm going curling on Saturday. I could not be more excited about this.

So Led Zeppelin is going digital, leaving the Beatles, Radiohead and a couple more big bands as the only ones not online at iTunes. Doesn't everyone who wants a Zeppelin disc have one?

Drew Carey is finally hosting "The Price is Right." I guess he's doing a good job, but it doesn't seem right to not have Bob Barker. And, by the way, is anyone, anywhere a fan of Drew Carey?

A review will be in Weekend Friday, but the new R.E.M. live set is really great.

Well, I guess that's it on this end. I promise I'll write a lot more and be more of my entertaining self after the Red Sox are out of playoffs, which will hopefully come after Game Four of the World Series.

No comments: