Thursday, September 06, 2007

Things I've Been Thinking

So last night, after work, I headed over to Cafe Nine for a bit. The venue was hosting a listening party for "Guilty By Association," a pretty decent compilation CD featuring indie artists covering "embarrassing" songs like "Don't Stop Believin'," "Straight Up" and a whole lot of others.

Well, the Nine had a special going on: $1 PBRs. I think the club should choose a day and have this special every week. I know of a couple other places that $1 PBRs certain nights and they're always packed. And anyone who reads this blog knows how much I love $1 beers. My heart skips a beat just thinking about them.

I don't care about Britney Spears, do you? Do you honestly want to see her open the MTV VMAs? I really don't. Maybe I'll write a notebook about the show. People seem to like those.

Just like this person, I never smile for the paparazzi either.

My friend Harris and I were discussing last night if all those promos for "The Closer" claiming that the show is No. 1-rated cable TV program were accurate. I guess they are.

You ever want to hear (and see) Heather Graham sing? Well, here you go:




So it looks like one-half of the directing brothers who helmed "The Matrix" is now a woman. OK.

Don't they know that Mama's dead? She's dead. Dead. Dead. How can you do this without that lady?

I'm going to play racquetball today. I don't know why I felt the need to share that, but I did. Whenever I'm in the rubicon playing, I always wish I had a mustache ... and an artificial knee or hip or something.
OK, I think I'm done now. Can you believe football season starts tonight? Can you believe that I hate Peyton Manning? Can you believe that I hate the whole Manning family? Just look at the mug shot, man.

Sometimes, when you run out of things to say, you should just stop talking. That's what I'm going to do now. Have a good weekend. If I see you, I'll say hello. If not, just know that I would have said hello. It's nice and polite to say hello when you see someone. It's also nice to say goodbye. So, goodbye.

No comments: