Monday, August 13, 2007

Welcome Back To Me

So I am a horrible blogger and friend. You'd think with two weeks, I would have gotten off my butt at least once and updated this here site. Of course, you'd be wrong then.

Well, I'm back. I would say that hopefully now I'll be updating every day or at least five times a week or something, but I don't want to write any lies. I took a look back, since May I've been relatively pathetic with updates. It's my August resolution to be better. You might not believe it, but give me a try!

OK, so what did I do for two weeks? That's a great question. You know how when most people come back from vacation they say it felt like two days or something? My vacation felt like two months. I honestly couldn't wait to get back here. I did do a whole lot, though. In fact, I feel like I lived a lifetime in my two weeks.

So, since we last spoke:
  • My softball team went 1-1.
  • I went to the Newport Folk Festival.
  • I went camping for the first time in my life.
  • I experienced considerable back pain for the first time in my life (um, this goes with the one above).
  • I went to two Thirsty Thursdays at Yale Field.
  • I've listened to many, many good records.
  • I planned a trip to a water park but didn't go.
  • I saw The Police live and it only took 105 minutes to get to East Hartford.
  • I received dozens of mean e-mails and voicemails about my last column.
  • I received tons of positive e-mails and voicemails about my last column.
  • The Red Sox have begun to make me very nervous.
  • I moved from my apartment.

I think that may be it. I know I did a lot more, but you'll have to wait for Friday's column for specifics. Is that OK?

In other news, why is Cal Ripken qualified for this?

I didn't know people still knew who Chris Tucker and Jackie Chan were.

I'm about done now. Let's talk tomorrow. Keep my softball team in your prayers this afternoon.

No comments: