Well, I'm back. I would say that hopefully now I'll be updating every day or at least five times a week or something, but I don't want to write any lies. I took a look back, since May I've been relatively pathetic with updates. It's my August resolution to be better. You might not believe it, but give me a try!
OK, so what did I do for two weeks? That's a great question. You know how when most people come back from vacation they say it felt like two days or something? My vacation felt like two months. I honestly couldn't wait to get back here. I did do a whole lot, though. In fact, I feel like I lived a lifetime in my two weeks.
So, since we last spoke:
- My softball team went 1-1.
- I went to the Newport Folk Festival.
- I went camping for the first time in my life.
- I experienced considerable back pain for the first time in my life (um, this goes with the one above).
- I went to two Thirsty Thursdays at Yale Field.
- I've listened to many, many good records.
- I planned a trip to a water park but didn't go.
- I saw The Police live and it only took 105 minutes to get to East Hartford.
- I received dozens of mean e-mails and voicemails about my last column.
- I received tons of positive e-mails and voicemails about my last column.
- The Red Sox have begun to make me very nervous.
- I moved from my apartment.
I think that may be it. I know I did a lot more, but you'll have to wait for Friday's column for specifics. Is that OK?
In other news, why is Cal Ripken qualified for this?
I didn't know people still knew who Chris Tucker and Jackie Chan were.
I'm about done now. Let's talk tomorrow. Keep my softball team in your prayers this afternoon.