Monday, October 22, 2007

What A Weekend

I have to admit, I had some doubts about whether the Red Sox would pull out the ALCS. I went to Anna Liffey's Friday afternoon, at about 6 or so, and my softball teammate and Liffey's trivia MC Jon Edwards told me I should be disowned as a Red Sox fan for admitting doubt in my column. He also thought the Red Sox would beat the Rockies in the World Series, even though I joked either American League team would get swept.

Jon was right. I'm predicting right here, right now, the Red Sox will win the World Series in six games. This will be the third time the team has been in the World Series in my lifetime, and I'm very excited about this. I am going to have problems sleeping the next few days. Seriously.

In other news, I went curling on Saturday. Look for that story in Thursday's paper. It's a good one. Well, I haven't written it yet, but there's a good story to be told. Hopefully I can do that.

What else, what else? Well, Kid Rock was arrested outside of a Waffle House. I mean, if I told you Rock was going to be arrested outside of a breakfast joint, you'd guess Denny's, but Waffle House would be the second choice, right?

I think that's about all I've got for today. I'll leave you with my favorite music video of all time.

No comments: