Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Eye of the Tiger

Never before in my entire life have I dealt with such a difficult question: Go to the press screening of "Rocky Balboa" or not?
I am looking forward to this movie more than any mature adult should be. I guess that means I may not be mature.
Whenever the trailer comes on TV, I get goosebumps and my heart races. So do I wait for Christmas and watch it with friends who will be just as excited as me, or do I run out to the press screening and get to see the Italian Stallion a little early?
Man, I need help. But just look at the photo. Look at Rocky beating that dude. It's so amazing. He's 95 years old! Who cares, though?
OK, I admit it: I'm just kidding about all of this. Or am I?
Is anyone out there excited? I mean, seriously, this is one of the toughest movies in recent memory to guess its box-office fate. One of my many useless talents is an almost-innate ability to predict box-office returns. "Rocky Balboa" could come in at anywhere between $8 million and $24 million for the first week. I can't decide where it'll fall.
Any guesses? Post them here. This could be fun.
If anyone can guess the film's first-week haul, I'll put a little prize in the mail, some swag that you'll totally like. So now begins the first Blog Like An Egyptian contest. Let's go.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Time to hang up the gloves Rocky. Who wants to see an aging fighter?