Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Long Time No Speak

Well, hey everyone. Here's hoping you all had a nice holiday. Besides my ears feeling like they're going to explode at any moment due to congestion, I had a pretty good one, too.

As you know, since you check this site daily, like a drug addict needing a fix, it's been almost a week since I wrote something. It's tough this time of year. Besides days off, nothing really happens in the entertainment world (farewell James Brown), especially the music one. No CDs worth a mention have hit streets in the past couple weeks, no big shows are coming up and I haven't seen any great live music lately.

It all sounds so depressing, but it isn't. Once we get through this week, everything will get back to normal. We've got some good music coming up in January, some of which I just can't wait to hear. We've also got the football playoffs beginning in a little over a week, and that's certainly one of the year's highlights — and I'll definitely publish my (usually bad) predictions on here.

But in the meantime, Friday's Weekend is full of good stuff. Definitely pick it up to see my top-20 records of 2006, a local-music-of-2006 mixtape, Joe Amarante's best TV of the year and, of course, the second part of Todd Lyon's best restaurants of the last 12 months. That's a whole lot of best-of articles, and a whole lot of fun.

No comments: