Thursday, March 22, 2007

News And Notes

Sadly, Manic Productions has canceled its Low and Loney, Dear show. This makes me cry. Although I'm not much of a fan of Low's new record, this is a great band, and Loney, Dear and the other opener, The One A.M. Radio, have put out a couple of the best records of the year, so far.

In other news, at The Space last night, we had a pretty good round of the Battle of the Bands. All of the acts were good, in their own way. The remnants of old local favorites GFN, The Circuit (above) took home the Audience Vote, but would have won with the judges, too. Good stuff. Be on the lookout for the these guys; it's clearly emo-ish, but there's a lot of pop in there.

I think I'm about done now. I've have to save my energy to review Justin Timberlake and Pink at Mohegan Sun Arena Saturday. I hope it's at least a good show, if not musical experience. We'll see. Look for my review Monday. That's it for now. Talk to you tomorrow and make sure to pick up Weekend in the morning. It's a good issue, but aren't they all?

No comments: