Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Woo On Wednesday



Well, I just filmed tomorrow's Weekend Preview. At least I did that this week.

Let me once again apologize for my lack of dedication to this here blog lately. Teaching two courses over at the ol' college is very time-consuming. And let' s just say that one of those classes features the worst group of students I've ever had. They need extra help in a whole lot of ways.

But, anyway, I'm sick of throwing out excuses. No more excuses. I will be better at this. That's what I'm going to do for Lent, even though I don't really do anything for Lent because, you know, it's not for me.

I'm going to start with the video above. It's Elvis Perkins in Deerland doing "Shampoo," a tune off the band's "Elvis Perkins in Deerland," a record that came out yesterday, that I review in Friday's section and that completely kicks the place poop comes out of.

So what else is going on in the world? Whenever I don't post for a while, I never know where to start. Why not start with the octuplet mommy? I hate to even bring this crazy, crazy lady who shouldn't be allowed to have one kid, much less 14, up, but it seems she's got a new house that will be paid for either by her parents or through "opportunities" that have come about to allow her to profit off her kids.

I haven't heard it yet, but, since "American Idol" is on the air again, I think we should mention that the word on the street is that this CD is not just awful, but god awful.

I say that I've been busy, but I've really been in mourning over this. I cry myself to sleep every single night.

The Dave Matthews Band never has a one-night stand in our great state. No, the act never gives pleasure and then leaves. It has two-night stands. Two nights of sweaty fun, and then Dave and company do the walk of shame to some other state. I don't ever partake, but if you'd like to, it all happens June 5-6 at The Meadows. Tickets go on sale Friday at 10 a.m. for $75 for reserved seats, and $40.50 for the ol' lawn.

Star Wars fans should be happy about this, but I'm more excited that Rose Byrne could be on TV more.

Just when you thought "E.R." would finally get the heck off television, there's this news about Uncle Jesse.

This might be my favorite story, like ever.

Just a reminder that Record Store Day is coming. It's my favorite holiday of the year ... besides all those other ones.

It looks like "Friday Night Lights" may get two more seasons. That would make a lot of people I know very, very happy.

I've been saying this for two weeks and people keep trying to punch me in the face verbally and through cryptic voicemails. Good luck to you, Rob.

That's all I've got for now. Let's talk again tomorrow, OK? Please say it's OK. I wouldn't be able to live if it wasn't.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Um...I don't feel so bad about not liking that U2 thing now.

And as for Taylor Hicks...look at the bright side. If you hate it, at least you'll get those David Archuleta fans off your back.

P.S. -
Handless Colonel Sanders is creepy.
Tilda Swinton creepy.

Anonymous said...

From the opening notes of 'The Distance " to the closing foot stomping notes of ' A Womann's Gotta Have It " I was thouroughly entertained and delighted by each track on this album.Love the diversity of the songs and Taylor'soustanding vocals.For me the standouts are ' Nineteen 'the emotional lyrics and powerful vocals are simply gorgeous. and "Seven Mile Breakdown " a rousing southern rock song that will have you dancing in your seat,make this an undeniably outstanding album ! Check it out,you'll be pleasantly surprised ! Judy

sj said...

i feel for your work schedule. and i'd like to gang up on daylight savings time and take my hour back. are you with me? bring a pitch fork.

how does one punch someone in the face verbally? do they run up to you and shout "Kazow!" Batman style?

anywho. i say good riddance to this week and bring on St. Patty's day. i have red hair and i'm not ashamed to exploit it for free beer.