Tuesday, June 09, 2009

The Best Thing Jimmy Fallon Could Ever Do

I have to say, I had some low expectations for this after hearing something interesting was in store, but this bit from Mark-Paul Gosselaar on "Late Night With Jimmy Fallon" was hysterical. It's way better than I could have imagined. Give Gosselaar tons of credit for not being afraid to do this.

As a kid who grew up in the '80s and early '90s, I was, of course, a huge "Saved By The Bell" fan. I can remember watching on Saturday mornings and then, later in life, watching after school when it used to get rerun thousands of times a day. The sitcom was a clear "Ferris Bueller's Day Off" ripoff, but that's OK. It worked.

Anyway, enough with the buildup, here's the clip. It's a little long, but totally worth seeing through. There's quite the payoff at the end.

1 comment:

sj said...

you know, the fact that Mark-Paul Gosselaar is actually Zach Morris makes sense to me. no one could play someone that complex, that rooted in midwestern ideals but transplanted to the west coast.. except, obviously, jason priestly.

although really, wouldn't he have evolved a little past the stonewashed jeans? zach struck me as always being at the edge of cool.