Monday, June 08, 2009

Headlines, Headlines

Jay Leno's been on to something when he mocks headlines on the old "Tonight Show." But the ones he always chooses are puns or grammatically pathetic or something.

There's just something to be said for ones like the headline in the Register today: "Guilford martial artist accused of voyeurism — again." That's just awesome, isn't it? I literally laughed out loud for minutes after reading that. Simple, effective, touching, beautiful. OK, it may be just me because I think 43-year-old Italian men with martial arts studios are inherently creepy. It's just the way it is.

Going on the theme that I touched on yesterday, I am currently listening to my iPod and "Somerville" from The Pernice Brothers just came on. I love this song. And I love Somerville, so it makes sense. Here's a video for it:



Getting back to the news. I didn't watch because the basketball game was on, but I've been told by many this morning that The Tonys were actually really good last night. But not for Poison's Bret Michaels.

Heather Graham was great in "Boogie Nights." I guess she likes to play poker, too.

Evan Dando is trying to make GM more bankrupt.

And I'm going to leave you with this story, which is my new favorite tid bit of news. I can see the woman's point. I mean, I wish I thought of this lawsuit first. I'd be rich. Except I'm dumb. I always thought crunch berries did grow on the trees in my back yard.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bret Michaels made an awful Tony broadcast worth seeing. There goes his chance at playing Tony in West Side Story...