Wednesday, October 11, 2006

KT Tunstall at Toad's

While hardly a big fan of KT Tunstall's hit debut "Eye of the Telescope," I find the record to be consistent and entertaining, a good, if trivial, listen from an artist who could become even better on subsequent discs.

But live at Toad's Place Tuesday night was a very different story. The show couldn't be called bad, just magnificently mediocre. The best part of the evening: A gaggle of late-twentysomethings who slow danced very sexually with each other throughout the whole show. It made me laugh hard. I'm still smiling thinking about it.

My review runs in tomorrow's paper, but here's the setlist:

"Another Place To Fall" / "Other Side Of The World" / "Miniature Disasters" / "Under The Weather" / "Universe & U" / "Black Horse and the Cherry Tree" / "Ashes" / "Silent Sea" / "One Day" / "False Alarm" / "Heal Over" / "Stoppin' The Love" / "Suddenly I See"

Encore: "Jelly" / "Through The Dark"

No comments: