Saturday, December 22, 2007

An Early Recap

If you guys read my column in the paper, you know that my plan is to see five movies this weekend. Well, I went to two yesterday, and I thought I'd provide an early recap, just in case anyone is thinking of going to the cinema today.

OK, here goes:

"Charlie Wilson's War" - A very good, funny and well-done comedy. Honestly, I'm a Tom Hanks fan and thought the film would be good, but it's actually much better than I anticipated. I went with three others and we all really loved it, and we all have very different tastes.

"The Savages" - OK, so my best advice on this one? Stay the hell away. After seeing Philip Seymour Hoffman turn in an award-worthy supporting role in "Charlie Wilson," we thought we'd be getting a whole lot more of good Philip. Well, here was good, as was Laura Linney, but not even the best actors could save this script. Not good. Not good at all.

No comments: