Sunday, January 06, 2008

Super-Quick News For Sunday

So this might be a little bit more information than you need to know, but I got out of the shower about 10 minutes ago, got ready to leave and quickly turned on the television to see if there were any networks showing football highlights. Well, as I flicked past NBC, I couldn't help but laugh that at the bottom of the screen, there was a teaser saying, "'American Gladiators' begins in 9 minutes."

I mean, is this that significant of an event? A little show that I used to love watching when I was a wee middle schooler is coming back, but does that really matter? Would this even be happening if it wasn't for the writers' strike? I have no idea, and I will admit I'm very interested to see how the show features the exact same events without being incredibly cheesy, but ...

I wonder if Joe Theismann is hosting again. I mean, we all know he doesn't have a job on "Monday Night Football" anywhere, thank god. That's a new gladiator named Hellga above. I just love that name.

In other news, I got all my playoff picks right this weekend. I wouldn't bet on that happening again. We'll see. Pretty much each game was fun to watch, so let's hope that continues into next week.

How does "National Treasure: Book of Secrets" keep raking in so much money at the box office? Basically, the action flick is taking advantage of a month when no big movies come out. But still, $170 million in three weeks is pretty damn good. Oh, and how the hell does "Alvin and the Chipmunks" keep making tons and tons?

I am going to choose to not write much about Britney Spears and her mental breakdown because, you know, we should all just feel bad for her. Heck, if cameras followed me around all the time, I'd go crazy too. With all that said, why the heck is Dr. Phil visiting her at the hospital and making statements? I've only briefly seen his show and don't care to watch crap like that, but maybe he makes some people feel better, but I just don't like anybody who hosts shows like his, programs meant to make money on other people's miseries. I mean, here's this guy visiting her and then going on all these TV shows after to talk about what's wrong with her. Just let the woman recover or something. OK, that's it for my rant against Dr. Phil.

How does someone like Amy Fisher return to the news? Oh, well, I guess she does by selling a sex tape of herself ...

This piece tells you what the cheesiest love songs of all time are. I agree with some of this, so what's your take?

OK, that's it for me. Have a good night.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cheesiest love songs?

Here's the track list for Air Supply's "Greatest Hits":
1. Lost in Love
2. Even the Nights Are Better
3. The One That You Love
4. Every Woman In The World
5. Chances
6. Making Love Out of Nothing At All
7. All Out Of Love
8. Here I Am
9. Sweet Dreams

I guess it would have been too easy for them to make this entire album their list. I'm just shocked not one made their top ten.

Actually, I'm shocked that Air Supply HAS "greatest hits."

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go throw up.

Pat Ferrucci said...

Because of this great comment, I have trivia question which will result in a prize of concert tickets or something. Post the comment here, but also e-mail pferrucci@nhregister.com.

OK, so here's my trivia question: Give me the artist and song: "Making loving out of nothing just like the air supplier said."

CityKid said...

Hey Pat:

Glad I checked in...was almost going to say the Old 97's. I was close. It's "Hover" from Rhett Miller, no?