Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Terrific Tuesday

Hello, people on the ol' Internet. Currently, I have a killer sinus headache and am waiting for the Advil to take hold of my poor, poor head. This searing pain makes it impossible for me to get any real work done right now, so I decided to post over here on this here blog. Hope your head's feeling more happy than mine.

So what's in the news besides Roger Clemens (look how big his head is and, remember, never trust a dude who dyes the tips of his hair!) lying more and more and secretly taping some guy? Well, Nicole Kidman's pregnant ... with a baby. Because of this, she dropped out of a movie, which is probably a good thing because, seriously, when was the last time she made a good one? I want to know. Do you know?

I just received a call from the fine folks over at the Arena at Harbor Yard. At 5 p.m. today they are going to announce a Feb. 25 concert. I'm not going to say who it is, but let's just say that it's the first country show at the venue in four years and the main performer might just be a nice looking woman who became famous on a TV show. Look for ticket info in Friday's Weekend.

So, my colleague Joe Amarante is absolutely giddy about the cancellation of the Golden Globes. He says that if the writers' strike forces the shutdown of one more awards show, it'll be a huge success. I'm just sad that I won't get to write a notebook about the show. Maybe I'll do a blog-only one on the news conference. We'll see ...

Finally, someone agrees with me. I just want to point out that I criticized Dr. Phil days ago.

Pitchfork
broke the story of The Shins' Marty Crandall getting arrested for abusing his ex-girlfriend. Go read about it here.

It seems New Haven native Michael Bolton and his desperate fiance are a little cheap. I wish I could scan in the old, old press photo of Bolton that sits on my desk right now. Precious.

Early on New Year's Eve, I was at Delaney's for a bit of drinking and my friends Brandon and Jay and I were having some fun on the trivia machine. One of the questions was about Harrison Ford being cut from "E.T." Well, here's a list of other famous folks cut from movies.

So we have a new Bond girl. I would have stuck with Eva Green, but, hey, that's just me.

When I was a kid, my Dad just loved watching "Quantum Leap." I wonder if he'd like this show. Who would have thunk that Scott Bakula could sing like a bird?

That's about all I got today. After two weeks off because of holidays, Anna Liffey's will have trivia again tonight. Frank Critelli is over at Cafe Nine and me, my head still hurts, but I'll be OK.

No comments: