Saturday, April 18, 2009

Nothing Going Right

That headline is way more dramatic than necessary. It makes it sound like things are just awful. Things are great. But when it comes to the thingies I've done this weekend, man, nothing's going right.

So, I have no idea why none of Weekend's stuff from this week is on the Web. I have no idea where my Weekend Preview is. I did one. I think it was up at some point, but I can't find it. And, lastly, yep, we had some "issues" at "Connecticut Style."

Thanks to everyone who tuned in to watch, but all you guys got was some dudes pouring drinks, a segment with some guy talking about putting olive oil in his hair and, lastly, what I'm sure is a worthwhile charity (The Angel Fund), but one that's decidedly creepy. Anyway, there were scheduling problems, so I filmed my segment and it will air during Tuesday's show.

The reason I'm on the show, it turns out, is to talk about Wednesday's Scrabble tournament, the charity event that a team I was on last year won. After the segment airs, I'll write about some very weird parts of the taping.

I guess that's it for this wonderful Saturday. Everyone should be outside. I hope to do that right now. We'll talk again tomorrow when I fix all these many problems. Sound good? OK. Here's a video for a song that popped up on my iPod yesterday. It's such a good song ...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bummer, dude.

The whole CT Style endeavor struck me as a little surreal - it made me wonder why WTNH opted not to pick up the syndicated 1/2 hr of Millionaire. But hey - I'll still try to catch it on Tuesday.

Hope the rest of your weekend picks up, and you get to enjoy at least part of the great outdoors today.

P.S. -
"State of Play" was fairly terrible. I hate nothing more than a movie whose every frame seems to tout its "important" pedigree (and oh yeah, I kinda loathe Russell Crowe). At least four bigmouths around me had this thing figured out in the first 20 minutes. Laughable dialogue and cheesy over-the-top supporting performances. Don't waste your money on this one.

Anonymous said...

P.S. - The Weekend Preview video was up yesterday on the Entertainment page - I saw it. It doesn't appear to be there any more. I don't think it ever made it over here to the blog.

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure if you mentioned this last week, but - since it's been a depressing day at work and I need something to distract me - since when is it news when a corporation buys the naming rights to a theater (or arena)? Is anyone going to stop calling the Meadows the Meadows? Most of my friends still call Oakdale Oakdale, NOT the Chevrolet. And why is it that company's are so dull in their selection of names? I mean, if you have bought the rights to name something whatever you want, why would you pick the name of your company, and not something really creative? Does Chevrolet think anyone will buy more Chevrolets because they've named a theater after their cars? Or will hundreds of us be picking up the phone to have Comcast installed because they now can rename the Meadows? Does anyone even know what the titular owners of the Harford Civic Center, XL, even do?? I just don't get it. If I shelled out the naming rights for a theater, I'd name it after me. Or my dog. Or just call it MONSTER CHILLER HORROR THEATER. Or something equally enthrallling.

Anyway, I know this topic won't qualify for this week's "Meet the Press," but I thought I'd weigh in and see if there's anything you'd like to add. And frankly, if anyone ever buys the naming rights to Toad's (and wants to call it something like the Pillsbury Toad Theater or Nabisco's Toad Music Emporium) I will never set foot in the door again. Besides, the stamp would be too long for my hand.

Anonymous said...

Now, you KNOW that I LOVE the weekly videos, and clearly you're really talented and funny in your writing AND on camera, but...

That CT Style thing was weird. I mean...you looked like you'd rather have been ANYWHERE but there. And what was with that wee elfen furniture - did they raid the set of Lord of the Rings?? And that woman with her "Patrick this," and "Patrick that.." Besides your mom when she's angry and the nuns in catechism, does anybody constantly refer to you as Patrick? And it would have been nice if PERHAPS the host had actually mentioned the time/place and other details of the event maybe, um...once?! I only hope that you were a preening diva before the taping and insisted on a bowl of green-only M&Ms and a case of Dr. Pepper in your dressing room. Or held out for your own personal stylist. Or asked for residuals.

Anyway...
Next time, point to that host lady's face and do your video "pointing" noise. She may look at you like you're from Mars, but those of us blog fans will roll in appreciation.

Anonymous said...

Very sorry to hear about the passing of your friend. He sounds like someone who lived life fully and touched a lot of lives. It is that spirit that I hope you will remember, and will comfort his family and friends in the times ahead.

Anonymous said...

The good denizens of cyberspace are a tad lonely. Hope you will check back in soon.