Thursday, April 30, 2009

Wow, We're Back

It's been almost two weeks since my last post. I'm sorry, friends. A whole lot has gone on, and I've really had nothing to say. But, I thought, "It's May. And the weather is sunny today and not too hot. Why don't a post on that there blog?"

So, yeah, I'm here to post. I did a Weekend Preview earlier, and that'll be up soon. That's good news if you like my incoherent ramblings. And, seriously, who doesn't like my incoherent ramblings? Stupid people, maybe?

What's going on in the world of entertainment? Well, let's see. Of course, this weekend is the time when Britney Spears doubles down at Mohegan Sun, performing both Saturday and Sunday in the Arena. You know your faithful entertainment editor will be there, documenting the event for the Register and, I'm sure, saving some ridiculous observations that won't work in a review for this space. I may be forced to shoot myself at this concert though, just so you know. I have a feeling I will be bored in about, say, 12 minutes, tops.

Tomorrow's Weekend section will have stuff on Britney. It'll also talk about The Smyrk's reunion. Fun times. And it'll feature a whole lot of other good stuff.

Sean Penn's marriage is in trouble. This is not a surprise. Speaking of that marriage, how come I am the only person in the world who doesn't love "The Princess Bride"? I only like it.

God bless the AP: Who else could have the courage to use the word "edgy" in the lede of a story about "N.C.I.S.," a bland show made for the older folks?

You know, I'm sensitive to the ordeal Elizabeth Edwards went through, but does anybody really give a flying poop that when she found about her husband's affair, she vomited? I mean, seriously. She didn't divorce him for having an affair and fathering a child. She vomited. Good job, Liz.

Miss California is taking her dumb message off the pageant stage and into the community. It's sad when beauty queens live up to the stereotypes. I'm thinking she could be doing something a whole lot better with her time.

I really have nothing to say about this story, but since I love Neil LaBute's work, I thought I'd link to. It's my choice. You can't tell me what to do. I'm a grown-up boy. Leave me alone. I'm hungry.

Wouldn't it have been cool if this dude escaped from prison?

Didn't everybody already know Kelly McGillis was a lesbian? I always find these "coming out" stories like this a little sad because everyone knew she was gay, so it seems like a grasp at attention. But, you know, I guess it's good she went public. Now, I just need to see "Top Gun." For some reason, I've never seen it. Sad, I know.

If you're thinking about hitting a music festival this summer, two particular events should catch your eye. The lineups, which aren't even complete, for both the 50th anniversary of The Newport Folk Festival and Bonnaroo are absolutely killer. I plan to attend both, I think.

I guess that's all I got for today. I'll post the video later, and, hopefully, we'll get back to blogging as usual. Woo hoo folks.

3 comments:

sj said...

you know? i actually get the vomiting thing.

i also totally admit to have considered the britney concert - if only for the sheer spectacle of insanity. i love me some crazy. and oddly, i never spell her name right. (as is evident in my most recent blog post)

as to the penn thing. i dunno. i don't readily think of my husband when i do something awesome at work. he doesn't work with me. so i don't think the not saying "thanks" to the wife thing is really significant. but it's still sad.

also sad: i am not going to mexico on sunday as planned. for obvious pandemic reasons.

Pat Ferrucci said...

No Mexico? That's sad. It seems like the swine flu's become really treatable. So what's the worst that could happen? You come back sick, take a week off from work and drown yourself in antibiotics? That sounds like a party.

The Britney show is going to be an experience. I expect it to be like the Madonna concert I covered, just with some young girls? When I say "just like the Madonna concert," I mean a lot of women around our age and a whole ton of gay males. But, to be honest, I have no idea what to expect.

Anonymous said...

Look at the bright side - if you are hit upon by one of the gay males, you might convince him to buy you one of those horrifically overpriced beers at the Sun arena (Just remember, "Why, yes I AM Seth Rogen, and I would LOVE a free beer, thank you"). 'Cause I'm thinkin', hey - free beer and...mercifully, it may deaden the pain of listening to Britney.

P.S. - Good to finally have you back. It is tough when I have to incoherently ramble to myself.