Monday, June 09, 2008

Monday Mania

You know, for all the ridiculous things we can credit to Pamela Anderson, left, she does seem to do a whole lot for PETA. She's selling her Viper to help benefit the charity. I remember when Mo Vaughn used to own a Viper and would constantly have "issues" with it when he drove to or from the Foxy Lady in Providence.

So R. Kelly's lawyer scoots around on an electric scooter at the courthouse? Seriously, you have an R&B star who really likes to sleep with tweens, even ones who are related to him, and a defense lawyer flying around on his scooter yelling, "In the morning, we attack"? Really? This is happening? I know the lawyer has a disorder that makes it difficult for him to walk, but that doesn't excuse these battle cries. Or Kelly's penchant for loving his cousins.

I wish Kim Cattrall would just go away. Please. Go away. Now. OK?

"Kung Fu Panda" cleaned up at the box office. Me and cartoons, well, for some reason they just don't go together. I'd like to like cartoons, but I just can't. Sorry.

Um, so "Brokeback Mountain" is going to be an opera? I hope I can write the lyrics. That'd be so much fun. "I never want to leave this tent, for you are my favorite gent." Or, "Please don't go home to Anne Hathaway, you know that you are very much gay." Actually, I just saw another Oscar winner this weekend for the first time in ages, so I also think "Million Dollar Baby" should be an opera. "Punch, punch, punch or you won't afford lunch." And, "Maggie, why do you like your dummy family? I eat pie with very much glee." I can see a Tony or whatever you get for operas in my future. Clearly.

I don't exactly understand why this headline is on this story, but I have to agree with it: I find salvation with fast food.

And with that, I'm done. Congratulations to the Celtics for taking the second game of the NBA Finals. I am very excited about this. I have no memory of the last time the team won a championship, so this is wonderful. Also, please wish the good ol' Jack's Bar and Grill softball team luck tonight. We are stuck at 2-2, and, of course, we'd like to be better than a .500 team, even if everyone makes the playoffs.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure that Kung Fu Panda actually qualifies as a cartoon. Frankly, give me good old 2 dimensional flat cartoons any day - Bugs Bunny, Jonny Quest, or the occasional Flintstones or Jetsons episode. It worries me that you and cartoons don't mix. Cartoons appeal to most men past their teens as they are normally much more fun than going to work, and much easier to understand than the average woman.

So - I recommend that you try to reimurse yourself in something particularly mindless and funny - Family Guy, the occasional King of the Hill, or the current funniest show on TV (IMHO), Venture Brothers.

Remember, reality is NO fun.