Thursday, June 12, 2008

Thursday Time

Well, hello, fine people in the blogosphere. I am here with another update to this here blog. But before I get into entertainment, I must mention that my softball team won on Monday, making our record 3-2. I also think that when folks receive e-mails, they should always read the PSs. Sometimes, just sometimes, there's some important information contained in those tiny notes. I should know.

And with that, let's get into the world of entertainment, I world that I like to explore. Of course, the main thing happening in this city in the near future is the International Festival of Arts & Ideas and Ideat Village, which both kick off Saturday. Get ready for two weeks of music, visual arts, theater, dance and everything your little heart can imagine except, of course, I don't know, REM ... a band that I will see with Modest Mouse and The National come Friday at the Tweeter Center in Mansfield, Mass.

Tonight, though, the Celtics look to take a 3-1 lead in the NBA Finals, something I very much they do.

What else? 43,000 beers is a lot of alcohol. I hope to some day match that total.

"Top Chef," a show that I like but don't watch enough, has a new winner. I haven't seen the finale yet, but am looking forward to catching it during one of the gazillion times it will be re-run this week and next.

Another reason why I love John Cusack ... besides "Better of Dead."

And another reason why I hate M. Night Shyamalon ... besides "The Sixth Sense."

With that, I'm going to head to the Rubicon. Talk later.

No comments: