Friday, May 02, 2008

Friday's Fun Day

Have I ever mentioned how much I love unicorns? Well, it's true.

I have no idea why I feel so hyper at 11 a.m. on a day off, a day off that found me out of bed by 9 a.m. Weird poop. Weird poop. I'm going to run in circles to calm down, maybe hit my head against a wall. Woo-hoo.

So let's see, my guess is that all of you have been out of bed for hours, read Weekend like six times through, and settled into your day. Am I close?

I want coffee. And I just spent a good amount of time interviewing Mates of State, the now-Stratford-based duo that will perform at Toad's May 16 before heading out on a big national tour to promote the upcoming "Re-Arrange Us."

I'm a huge fan of the disc. It might be my favorite of the band's records to date. Good for them. You'll read all about the making of the album and what's happened in their lives in my piece in a couple weeks, but for now, why I don't I post a video for MoS' new song, "Get Better"? Sound good? You know it does.

And with that, I'm going to say goodbye. Big day for me. I will finish typing this, spellcheck and edit it, then head off to the ol' gym, come back here for a bit of breakfast, then get in my tiny car and make the drive to Boston for a Red Sox game. Yes, two Sox games in two weeks; let's just hope that the starting pitcher doesn't get scratched before the game this time, huh? Ok, later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Six blog posts.
Six days.
Six beers in the last 2.5 hrs.
666
Maybe I shouldn't have mentioned the whole "bedevil" thing.

Anyway, drive safely to Beantown and back. Without a 7th day post, well..my universe may crumble.

And before I go, an early prediction - $40M for Iron Man this weekend (hey, I'm being conservative).