Monday, May 19, 2008

Monday Missives

Here we are, Monday May 19, and the Jack's Bar and Grill softball team is sitting at 2-0, awaiting our third game tonight at 8. Yes, after starting last year a robust 0-3, and finishing 4-10, we are off to a good start, and I'm a happy boy. Wish us good luck tonight, and, if you want, come on down to East Shore Park and watch the game. There are always beverages around.

As for other news, I finally saw "Iron Man" Saturday and let me just say it was pretty damn good. It might be my favorite superhero movie of all time, besides "Batman Begins" and all of the "Rambo" series.

Tomorrow is an interesting day for record releases with Scarlett Johansson's disc coming out. It stinks, just so you know.

What else? Well, I was downtown a bit during Saturday's "Indiana Jones" event and some folks were pretty excited to see what amounted to a classic-car show with some music. I'm not sure why, but, you know, what do I know?

The Celtics advanced again, which is really the only reason I'm updating this here blog today. If the team lost, I'd still be crying on my bed, eating ice cream and screaming, "Why did they hire Doc Rivers? Why?!?!"

Well, lil' Ashlee Simpson is married. And she's pregnant, right? Makes sense.

You know, it's nice that Garth Brooks returned to the stage yesterday, but I'm really pointing you to this page for the photo. She's my new favorite country star if you get my drift.

That's about all I got for today. Get well, Ted Kennedy.

I will leave you with a video, good times. I warn you, I listened to a whole lot of old Genesis this weekend, for some reason.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not as good as the tale of the displaced taco trucks, but here you go...

The Daily Record of the U.K. reports on the discovery of a woman who sat dead in front of her TV for 42 years.

The remains of a Croatian woman were sitting in front of her TV -- 42 years after she was reported missing.

Hedviga Golik was sitting in her favorite chair with her cup of tea in front of her black and white television in her flat in Zagreb. Neighbors said they thought she had moved out decades ago. They hadn't seen her since 1966