Saturday, August 02, 2008

Newport Folk Festival 2 — Dylan Goes Acoustic

Jakob Dylan went on about 20 minutes ago; so far, so good. I'm back in the Press Pavilion, and M Ward and Zooey Deschanel are back here, drinking water and getting ready for their set in a couple hours.

One interesting note so far: When I interviewed one of the main producers of the festival a week or so back, he noted how one of the goals was to make every stage a spectacle this year, make every stage a destination or featured stage, not just the main one. But something I'm noticing is that I will not go to the main stage once today, which is weird. On the Harbor Stage, I saw Young@Heart, now is Dylan, then Steve Earle, then She & Him, then Jim James and, lastly, Cat Power.

I mean, I'd like to see Trey Anastasio acoustic, but not while missing She & Him or Earle. I might be interested in glimpsing The Black Crowes, but not at the expense of Cat Power. Not happening. So, I'm going to be at a side stage all day. Hopefully, tomorrow I'll check out the main stage. I will be near it later though to get clam balls. Mmm. Clam balls.

That's it for now. Going to enjoy my first adult beverage of the day here in the shaded pavilion. Later.

No comments: